Service Name: Server Hosting
The Department of Computing and Communications (C&C) provides information technology facilities - physical and virtual - to host standalone and shared-server services.
The C&C Technical Support Group supports various aspects of the service including:
- VMware – virtual hosting of Windows, and various versions of Unix/Linux
- Configuration management – SVN-based
- Hardware support
- Managed data backup services
- Network connectivity, including virtual domain hosting
- Access to SAN
- A Service Level Agreement (SLA) per Memorial Department or Business Unit is required to access this service offering.
How to request this service:
- Service requests may be submitted via completion of an on-line form
- Requests are logged in the Remedy incident management system and managed through Service Level Agreement (SLA) forms.
Out of Scope:
- User-owned equipment used for access to service
- Applications not covered by the SLA
- C&C reserves the right to refuse any request for hosting services
- This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year except during scheduled maintenance windows. Planned maintenance windows and unplanned outage notifications can be found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc.
- This service supported Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with after-hours systems monitoring.
- Service requests are logged using Remedy Incident Management system and SLA forms (available online).
- Response times are defined as per the SLA
Processes and Tools:
- Service Request processed via the Service Desk and Remedy Incident Management processes
- Service Level Agreements and SLA forms
- TSM agents
- VMware console
- Application-specific tools
- Service outages managed through the RFC ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- The C&C Service Desk provides front-line client liaison and incident management services
- The IT Service Advisor is involved to establish Service Level Agreements
- Technical Support Group assigns service role specialists
- The Technical Support Group (TSG) will manage the VMware service.
- The TSG Manager is responsible for the contract renewal and license purchases
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of clients
- ITSA reports
- Service-specific indicators
- SLA metrics
Revision: March 2011
Service Owner: Ash Stirling, Technical Support Group Manager