Service Name: Server Hosting
The Department of Computing and Communications (C&C) provides information technology facilities - physical and virtual - to host standalone and shared-server services.
C&C’s Technical Support Group supports various aspects of the service including:
- VMware – virtual hosting of Windows, and various versions of Unix/Linux.
- Configuration management – SVN-based.
- Hardware support.
- Managed data backup services.
- Network connectivity, including virtual domain hosting.
- Access to SAN.
- A Service Level Agreement (SLA) per Memorial Department or Business Unit is required to access this service offering.
How to request this service:
By phone, email, fax, online, and in person:
- Service requests may be submitted by completing an online form.
- Requests are logged in the Remedy incident management system and managed through Service Level Agreement (SLA) forms.
Out of Scope:
- User-owned equipment used to access the service.
- Applications not covered by the SLA.
- C&C reserves the right to refuse any request for hosting services.
- This service is available 24/7 except during scheduled maintenance windows. Planned maintenance windows and unplanned outage notifications are found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc.
- This service is supported Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with after-hours systems monitoring.
- Service requests are logged using Remedy Incident Management system and SLA forms (available online).
- Contact with the client is done within 2 days of TSG receiving the incident request. The request is discussed with the client and translated into a project. The response time for resolving the incident depends on the scope of the project.
Processes and Tools:
- Service Request is processed via the Service Desk and Remedy Incident Management processes.
- Service Level Agreements and SLA forms.
- TSM agents.
- VMware console.
- Application-specific tools.
- Service outages managed through the RFC ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- The C&C Service Desk provides front-line client liaison and incident management services.
- The IT Service Advisor is involved in establishing Service Level Agreements.
- Technical Support Group assigns service role specialists.
- The Technical Support Group manages the VMware service.
- The Manager, TSG, is responsible for contract renewal and license purchases.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of clients.
- ITSA reports.
- Service-specific indicators.
- SLA metrics.
Revision: March 2014
Service Owner: Manager, Technical Support Group