Service Name: Campus Mail Services
Mail Services sort, deliver and process all internal and external (Canada Post) mail for every department of the main St. John’s campus of Memorial University.
- Special delivery throughout the city (banks, law offices, government offices, service providers, etc).
- Mail courier and parcel delivery to most departments on the main campus twice a day, once a day in the summer.
- Mail, courier and parcel delivery to off campus departments (eg Ocean Sciences Center) once a day.
- Mail, courier and parcel delivery to all departments at the Health Science Center once a day.
- Special delivery to Marine Institute and Grenfell Campus.
- A folding/inserting service whereby single sheets can be folded and inserted into envelopes (ex. Accounts payable cheques and T4s).
- Delivery of Computer Purchasing items to all departments.
How to request this service:
Mail can be dropped off and picked up at any administrative office within the St. John’s Campus for delivery. Requests for mail services, special delivery services or related questions can be addressed to:
Who can avail of this service:
- Faculty and staff of Memorial University.
Out of Scope:
- Mail delivery within Grenfell Campus and the Marine Institute are handled by separate mail units.
- Open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, excluding University holidays.
|Metric||Resolution Time||Target (Measured Monthly)|
|Mail pick-up||4 hours||Mail is picked up and delivered twice a day in the fall and winter, and once a day during summer hours.|
|Internal Mail Delivery||8 hours||Mail is delivered at the next scheduled delivery run (i.e. mail picked up in the morning is delivered that afternoon)|
|Folding/inserting service for large mail-outs||24 hours||95% of requests handled within 24 hours|
- Departments are billed on a monthly basis for all external postage only
- Internal mail delivery to St. John’s main campus, the Marine Institute, the Health Sciences Centre and Grenfell Campus are free of charge
Processes and Tools:
- Mail that requires postage should be sent in a departmental envelope for charge back purposes.
- All departments have two slots (external, internal) that help sort the mail before it reaches the mail room.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Mail Services – responsible for pickup, sorting and delivery
- C&C’s Admin and Finance group – responsible for Billing
Key Performance Indicators:
- External Incoming
- Internal Deliveries
- Processed Outgoing Mail
- Hand Carries and Special Handling
Revision: October 2014
Service Owner: Manager, Finance and Administration