Service Name: MUN Mobile
The Department of Computing and Communications (C&C), owns a Mobility platform from which Enterprise Application Services (EAS) can deploy mobile contents to Memorial University constituents, and offer a range of mobility consulting and development services.
C&C provides a mobility application for faculty, students and staff, anytime and anywhere access to University-related information is accessible via Apple or Android, smart phones and tablets.
- Mobile Application development and deployment
- Mobility Application analysis
- Partnership for web graphic design and layout
- Web application integration
- Mobility maintenance
How to request this service:
- Service requests can be submitted via completion of an on-line form
Out of Scope:
- Applications that cannot be integrated into the Mobility framework
- This is a critical service and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year except during scheduled maintenance windows. Planned maintenance windows and unplanned outage notifications can be found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc/
- EAS manages and develops mobility content for varied devices
- Initial consultation is done within 5 business days of original request
Processes and Tools:
- Service Desk uses BMC Remedy for incident management, tracking, and work-flow.
- Service outages are managed through the Request for Change ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Service Desk provides front-line client liaison
- EAS group assigns service requests to role specialists
- EAS Associate Director is responsible for contract renewal and license purchase
- C&C’s Technical Support Group manages the servers to ensure responsive delivery of mobile content
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of users
- Number of devices
- User engagement
Revision: August 2013
Service Owner: Penny Fillier-Skinner, Associate Director, Enterprise Application Services