Service Name: Lynda.com
The Department of Human Resources and Computing and Communications provide free video-based online software, business and personal development training courses to faculty, staff, students and retirees through a cost-effective arrangement with Lynda.com. More than 1,400 self-paced courses are available anywhere you have an internet connection. Licenses are offered on a two-week rotational basis. If you would like to find out more, or to register, contact the C&C Service Desk at 864-4595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide free access to Lynda.com.
- Keep customers informed on request status and progress.
How to request this service:
By phone, fax, email or in person
Out of Scope:
- Do not offer Memorial University credit courses.
- Not available to MUN alumni and the public .
Who can avail of this service:
- Memorial University faculty, staff, students and retirees.
- Lynda.com is available 24/7 365 days via the internet.
- The Service Desk responses within one business day for account requests.
Processes and Tools:
- Clients require valid usernames and passwords to access Lynda.com.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- IT Consultants record, monitor and facilitate incident resolution through client interaction via email.
- IT Consultants enter client information in Lynda.com to create a client’s Lynda.com account.
- IT Consultants send welcome emails from Lynda.com to clients to activate their accounts.
- A Senior Service Desk Analyst works with staff to ensure that key performance service targets are met.
- ITIL Incident Process Manager (Service Desk Supervisor) ensures the quality and integrity of the incident management process is followed.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Email response time
- Lynda.com usage
Revision: August 2013
Service Owner: Supervisor, C&C Service Desk