Service Name: HSC Mail Services
HSC Mail Services sorts, delivers and processes all internal and external (Canada Post) mail for every department of the Health Science Center which includes Memorial University and Eastern Health departments. Mail Services also operates a convenience copying service, whereby photocopiers are placed throughout various areas of the HSC for copying purposes (specifically for those departments/units that do not have access to a photocopier).
- Mail, courier and parcel delivery to all departments once a day.
- Courier, parcel and mail processing with delivery to Canada Post each day.
- Processing of mail for outside doctor’s offices to be delivered by courier.
- Self-service convenience photocopying.
How to request this service:
- Mail can be dropped off and picked up at any administrative office within the HSC
- For Convenience photocopying departments will issue auditron key codes to staff.
- Requests for mail or convenience copy services may be made to HSC Mail Services.
Who can avail of this service:
- Available to all staff of Eastern Health and all faculty and staff of Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Self-service convenience photocopying is available to employees with a key code at various locations inside the HSC.
Out of Scope:
- Mail delivery within Memorial University’s Main Campus, Grenfell Campus, the Marine Institute, and other Eastern Health sites is handled by a separate mail unit.
- Open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, excluding University holidays.
|Metric||Target (Measured Monthly)|
|Mail pick-up||Mail, parcels and courier items are picked up and delivered once a day.|
|Internal Mail Delivery||Mail is delivered at the next scheduled delivery run (i.e. mail picked up in the morning is delivered the next morning).|
- Departments will be billed on a monthly basis for all external postage.
- Departments will be billed on a monthly basis for all convenience copying charges.
- Internal mail delivery inside the HSC, to other Eastern Health sites, St. John’s main campus, the Marine Institute and Grenfell Campus are free of charge.
Processes and Tools:
- Mail that requires postage should be sent in a departmental envelope for charge back purposes.
- All departments have two slots (external, internal) that help sort the mail before it reaches the Mail Services.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- HSC Mail Services – responsible for pickup, sorting and delivery
- C&C’s Admin and Finance group – Billing
- For convenience copiers - Auditron codes can be obtained from Admin staff within the subscribing departments
Key Performance Indicators:
- Mail delivered per year
- Pieces of international mail delivered
- Pieces of doctors mail delivered
- Types of mail processed per department
- Number of inserts completed per year
- Number of convenience pages printed.
Revision: February 2011
Service Owner: Finance and Administration - Debbie Earles, Manager