Service Name: Computer Lab Configuration & Support
Memorial University hosts multiple computer laboratories for various departments and groups on campus. These labs are used for scheduled lab work for courses and also provide support for students, faculty and staff. Information technology Services department provides support for the overall management, maintenance, consultation, and configuration of the existing labs as well as new labs.
- Consultation and design of lab
- Installation and setup
- Management and maintenance
By phone, fax, email and in person:
Service DeskHH-2012Tel: 709-864-4595Fax: 709-864-3514E-mail: email@example.com
- Any faculty or administrative department on campus can contact ITS to request assistance in establishing a new lab.
- Students with LabNet accounts can use these labs.
- Open 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding university holidays.
- Summer hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Requests are submitted to lab staff on site by the Service Desk and are assigned a priority based on the impact (e.g., number of people affected) and severity (the nature) of the incident.
- Requests for new lab configurations are responded to within 1 to 3 business days.
- Lab design, procurement and installation will depend on requirements, size and complexity of the lab. Contact Service Owner for time estimates.
Log, monitor, and resolve incident using the Remedy Incident Management system.
- Service Desk is responsible for recording and tracking requests.
- PC Support Group is responsible for setup, configuration and maintenance of labs.
- Volume of incidents
- Incident resolution times
- Client survey results
- Number of accounts on LabNet
- Number of logins/month
Service Owner: Manager, Personal Computing Group