Service Name: Central File Share (Voyager File Share)
Information Technology Services (ITS) provisions and manages a central file share (file storage solution) on behalf of its clients. Central file shares eliminate the need for departments to acquire and maintain their own file servers for the purposes of file storage and file sharing. It ensures proper data protection and security mechanism are applied to the corporate data of the university.
- The amount of file storage space provisioned for a department or group is proportional to the client requirements and the Service Level Agreement (SLA) negotiated by the client and ITS.
- If a client requests bulk storage space, a SLA is negotiated and cost chargeback may apply.
- The central file share is strictly intended to house shared corporate information and/or other sensitive institutional data.
- This service offering is available to staff and faculty of the St. John’s campus.
How to request this service:
By phone, fax, and email or in person:
- Service requests may be submitted by completing an online form
Out of Scope:
- Other Memorial University locations outside the St. John’s campus.
- The central file share is not intended to house personal data. It is not intended as an application server or for database hosting.
- This is a critical service and is available 24/7 except during scheduled maintenance windows. Planned maintenance windows and unplanned outage notifications are found at: http://www.mun.ca/cc.
- Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Service requests are managed via Remedy-based SLA forms.
- A service request is processed within 1 business day
Processes and Tools:
- Service Desk uses Remedy application for incident management, tracking, and work-flow
- Microsoft Quota Manager manages the client quotas for their file share
- Service outages are managed through the RFC ITIL process.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Service Desk provides frontline client liaison
- The Technical Support Group assigns service role specialists
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of users
- Disk space usage
Revision Date: October 2013
Service Owner: Manager, Technical Support Group