Service Name: Cellular Devices
The Department of Computing and Communications (C&C) provides a single point of contact on campus for the procurement, billing and support of cellular devices such as cell phone, pagers, and other wireless devices.
- There are various models of cell phones and wireless devices available.
- We offer both numeric and voice pagers.
- There are a variety of different usage packages offered depending on the client needs.
- We also provide on occasion the rental and purchase of satellite phones.
- C&C manages the billing for these devices.
- Cellular devices for Memorial faculty and staff.
How to request this service:
- For new services or changes to existing services, the Users should contact their administrative staff. The administrative staff in turn should contact:
- To report problems, please contact the Service Desk per the information shown above.
Out of Scope:
- Marine Institute.
- Grenfell Campus.
- Faculty of Medicine.
- This is a 24/7 service
- Maintenance will be done as required by the service provider/carrier. C&C will pass along outage information to clients as soon as possible upon receiving notice.
- Generally it requires 2 business days to obtain a new cellular device.
- For support issues, we make efforts to replace and/or repair cell phone issues within 1 business day.
Processes and Tools:
- Users should contact their departmental administrative staff for new services or changes to existing services. To report problems, users should contact the Service Desk.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Service provider is responsible for providing network access.
- The CG staff act as a liaison between Memorial users and the service provider.
- Hardware vendor is responsible for delivery of cellular services.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Type of devices.
- Number of incidents
- Number of devices.
- Time taken to resolve incidents.
- Number of outages (total time).
- Amount of air time used.
Revision: February 2011
Service Owner: Communications - Todd Farrell, Manager