Service Name: Cellular Devices
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides a single point of contact on campus for the procurement, billing and support of cellular devices such as cell phone, pagers, and other wireless devices.
- There are various models of cell phones and wireless devices available.
- We offer both numeric and voice pagers.
- There are a variety of different usage packages offered depending on the client needs.
- We also provide the rental and purchase of satellite phones, on occasion.
- ITS manages the billing for these devices.
- Cellular devices for Memorial University faculty and staff.
How to request this service:
- For new services or changes to existing services, clients should contact their Dean, Director, Department Head or delegate who in turn should contact:
- To report problems, please contact the Service Desk.
Out of Scope:
- Marine Institute.
- Grenfell Campus.
- Faculty of Medicine.
- This is a 24/7 service
- Maintenance will be done as required by the service provider/carrier. ITS will notify clients about pending outages as early as possible.
- It takes 2 business days to obtain a new cellular device.
- To replace, repair or fix cellular phone issues, it takes 1 business day.
Processes and Tools:
- Clients should contact their Dean, Director, Department Head or delegate for new services or changes to existing services.
- To report problems, clients should contact the Service Desk.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Service provider is responsible for providing network access.
- Network & Communication Group (NCG) staff act as liaisons between Memorial users and the service provider.
- Hardware vendor is responsible for delivery of cellular services.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Type of devices.
- Number of incidents
- Number of devices.
- Time taken to resolve incidents.
- Number of outages (total time).
- Amount of air time used.
Revision: September 2013
Service Owner: Manager, Network & Communications Group