Service Name: Application Management
The Software Solutions group (SSG) of the Department of Computing and Communications (C&C) supports all aspects of software life-cycle management. SSG will ensure your applications are stable, up-to-date, and evolve with changing business needs. Drawing from recognized best practices such as those established by the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), SSG ensures the standardization of change-management processes. This minimizes the impact of change-related incidents, and in turn maximizes up-time and improved day-to-day operations. SSG supports both web-based and client-based applications.
SSG has experience with various technologies including (but not limited to):
How to request this service:
- Service requests can be made via completion of an on-line form forwarded to the Service Desk
Who can avail of this service:
- All faculty and staff of Memorial University
Out of Scope:
- Personal applications
- Support services are available 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding University holidays.
- The associated costs are documented in individual Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with client departments
- Service Levels are documented in individual SLAs
- The response is proportional to the priority of application and available resources
Processes and Tools:
- The Service Desk and its Remedy Incident Management System is used to log, monitor, and resolve reported incidents.
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Service Desk – responsible for logging the incident and assigning to the appropriate group
- Developer – responsible for code fixes, testing and implementation of the application
- DBA – responsible for any database support
Revision: March 2011
Service Owner: Software Services Group – David Pierce, Manager