Service Name: Application Consulting and Development – Client Based
C&C’s Software Services group (SSG) creates and deploys software-based solutions to meet our clients’ specific requirements. We build on extensive knowledge of methodologies and technologies to produce high-quality applications.
We have experience with various technologies including (but not limited to):
How to request this service:
- Service requests can be made via completion of an on-line form forwarded to the Service Desk
Who can avail of this service:
- All faculty and staff
Out of Scope:
- Hosting applications in production
- Configuring hardware for the developed applications
- Applications that are web based
- Support services are available 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding University holidays.
- Initial consultation with SSG can be arranged within 5 business days.
- The response is based on the initial project plan’s estimated costs and timelines.
- A cost estimate will be provided.
- Funding of the project is the responsibility of the requesting individual/department.
Processes and Tools:
- Service Requests are logged and tracked via Remedy Incident Management processes
- Project Charter sign-off
- Business Requirements Document
- Project Plan
- Status Reports
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Project Manager – responsible for determining project scope and charter
- Analyst – responsible for determining user requirements
- Developer – responsible for the design, coding, testing and implementation of the application
- DBA – responsible for any database development or support
Key Performance Indicators:
- Project being delivered on time and on budget.
- Application built to documented client specifications
Revision: March 2011
Service Owner: Software Services Group - David Pierce, Manager