Service Name: Application Consulting and Development – Web Based
ccwebworks - a team of programmers within the Software Services Group (SSG) of Information Technology Services (ITS) - provides professional web development services to the university community using a cost-recovery arrangement. Using its web expertise, ccwebworks can offer a broad range of web-based application consulting and development services. Its efforts raise awareness of Memorial University’s web infrastructure and policy. ccwebworks is available to aid any member of the university community in need of professional web development services.
- Website analysis
- Website planning
- Web graphic design and layout
- Web application development
- Website maintenance
How to request this service:
- Service requests can be made via completion of an on-line form forwarded to the Service Desk
Who can avail of this service:
Out of Scope:
- Hosting applications in production
- Configuring hardware for the developed applications
- Applications that are non-web based
- Support is available 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding University holidays.
- A cost estimate will be provided
- Funding of the project is the responsibility of the requesting individual/department
- A requests for this service is submitted via the ITS Service Desk:
- Phone calls to the Service Desk will be answered 90% of the time within 1 minute. A queuing system is in place to facilitate phone calls in an orderly manner.
- The email queue of the Service Desk is monitored on a real time basis during regular business hours and replied to within 3 business hours.
- Initial consultation with client is within 5 business days of the request
- The response is based on the initial project plan’s estimated costs and timelines.
Processes and Tools:
- The Service Requests are logged and tracked via Remedy Incident Management processes
- Project Charter sign-off
- Business Requirements Document
- Project Plan
- Status Reports
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- Project Manager – responsible for determining project scope and charter
- Analyst – responsible for determining user requirements
- Developer – responsible for the design, coding, testing and implementation of the application
- DBA – responsible for any database development or support
Key Performance Indicators:
- Project being on time delivery and on budget.
- Application built to specifications
Revision: March 2011
Service Owner: Software Services Group - David Pierce, Manager