Please Enter a Search Term
Windows OS Upgrade Project
- Does my machine qualify for upgrade?
- Which Operating System will I get - Windows 7 or Windows 8?
- Will my current software be compatible with new operating system?
- What will it cost?
- Will there be much downtime?
- If I'm on vacation will my machine still get upgraded?
- All University owned equipment (Faculty/Staff/Resource) currently running Windows XP including:
- St. John's Campus
- Marine Institute
- Grenfell Campus
- As of April 2014, Microsoft will no longer support Windows XP. This means that Microsoft will no longer send security updates and this will pose a security risk to you and Memorial. Therefore as of December 31st, 2013, Computing and Communications will no longer be able to provide assistance for Windows XP, other than to upgrade your computer.
- We look forward to working with you so we can ensure we are in a secure and supported environment.
- Computing and Communications' Personal Computing Group (PCG) under Client Relations will conduct a co-ordinated campus-wide upgrade of equipment.
- To help prepare departments currently using computers with this older operating system, we will begin helping departments identify and transition from Windows XP in the coming months.
- Planning will include an identification of XP computers and options for upgrades where necessary.
- We expect the majority of machines simply need the operating system upgraded on existing hardware.