SAN Enterprise Storage - 2013
- The Storage Area Network(SAN) Enterprise Storage project is a multi-phase upgrade of the data centre storage and tape library systems for the St. John’s campus.
- The first phase will implement an IBM storage device that will deliver more than double the storage capacity to the Memorial business services.
- The current SAN has served Memorial well, but growth in students, services and volumes of data require newer technology and larger capacity.
- The planned activities are grouped into phases:
- Phase 1 Planned Activity
- Implement the IBM V7000 SAN, Tape Library and management control software
- Existing data will be migrated seamlessly to the new devices
- Virtual pools of data will be created based on policies for performance and large capacity profiles.
- Service improvements that can be deployed with minimal client impact will be entertained in this phase.
- Decommission and return the older generation SAN and Tape Library
- Phase 2 Planned Activity
- Evaluate benefits and sequence for deployment of added functionality
- Commission new functions into production use by service
Comments and questions may be directed to:
George Leslie, Project Manager, PMO
Computiing and Communications
Phone: (709) 864-7259
or to email@example.com (709) 864-4595