On-line Network Service Request (NSR) Procedure
Network Service Request forms are available online for clients requiring new network connectivity on campus, or changes to existing connectivity.
This outlines the procedure by which MUN clients may request new campus network services or changes to existing services.
- Clients requesting an official Network Service Request are directed to fill out an on-line NSR form. A hard copy of the form can be faxed or sent by mail to those clients without Internet access.
- Once submitted, an NSR ticket number is generated and given to the client for future reference.
- From the submitted web form, an NSR workflow ticket is generated in the Remedy database. Frontline staff assigns the ticket and an associated Help Desk ticket is generated in Remedy. Once a Help Desk ticket is created, response time is tracked by the standard escalation procedure.
- Once closed, an automatic e-mail is generated and sent to the e-mail address provided by the client. If no e-mail address is provided, CSC staff is notified and will contact the client directly.
- ITS will supply one patch cord per MUNet wall plate to individual clients, as needed. Clients are responsible for additional cables in a multiple computer situation, such as in a computer lab.
Updated: March 3, 2015