Telephone System Upgrade for St. John's Campus - Schedule
From February 27 - March 1, C&C will be upgrading the technology behind thousands of St. John's campus telephones. The following upgrade schedule has been developed to allow us to smoothly transition our clients with as little disruption as possible. All work is scheduled to occur outside of normal business hours.
Clients should note that on each of the days designated for the upgrade, voicemail will be unavailable from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM.
|Monday - February 27, 2012|
| Tuesday - February 28, 2012
|Wednesday - February 29, 2012|
|Bruneau Centre for Research and Innovation
|Grad House (Feild Hall)
|St. John's College|
|Field House/The Works
|Alumni Affairs - Lambe's Lane|
|Thursday - March 1, 2012|
|Arts & Administration|
Most users will see no change to their telephones as a result of this upgrade other than the following:
- Custom ringtones will need to be reset. Instructions on resetting your ringtone following the upgrade can be found here:
- Call history will be reset.
- Personal telephone address books will have to be recreated.
- Call forwarding to cellular phones or other land lines will have to be reset.
In order to allow us to smoothly transition many other features of your phone automatically, C&C will not be processing any requests for phone setting changes between February 22 and March 1.
Once the upgrade begins on Feb 27, clients should be aware that the process for checking your voicemail while off-campus will be as follows:
- Dial your 7 digit office number (864-XXXX)
- Wait for voicemail to cut in
- Press * (star)
- Enter your 4 digit extension when asked for their user id -
- Enter your password/PIN
Clients should note that the method for checking voicemail above is temporary. The normal process for checking voicemail off campus by dialing 864-3700 will resume on March 5th.
Clients having questions or concerns regarding the upgrade schedule or the features that may be impacted are asked to contact the C&C Service Desk at 864-4595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.