The Department of Computing and Communications is pleased to announce that we have recently signed a new three year agreement with Bell Mobility to provide mobile phone service and support for Memorial University. This contract, exclusive to MUN, promises significant cost savings and will provide mobile device users with both a wider array of devices and plans designed to specifically meet the needs of University clients.
Highlights of the contract include:
- Annual cost savings for Memorial estimated at 35-40%
- Current mobility clients may be eligible for free device upgrades
- New and expanded list of available phones and devices
- Sliding rate plans designed to substantially reduce fees incurred as a result of exceeding monthly limits.
- Free evenings and weekends on most packages
- No long distance charges for in-province calls
- CanadaU.S. long distance rate of 4 cents per minute
- Usage billing and reporting feature allows usage to be tracked easily and is available at a cost of $5.00 per line.
The new rate plans are effective immediately and will be reflected on the regular billing cycle ending May 14, 2011.
Over the coming weeks C&C will be working with Bell Mobility to determine which clients are eligible for device upgrades. Eligible clients will be contacted through their departments regarding their upgrade options.
Clients looking for more information are advised to refer to the following website for details:
or contact the C&C Service Desk at 864-4595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Computing and Communications - Keeping Memorial Connected