Members of the Friends of the Garden (FOG) are individuals and families who support the botanical, horticultural and environmental objectives of the Memorial University Botanical Garden Inc.
With a membership of more than 900, some Friends volunteer their time and expertise in such activities as trail patrol, carpentry, library, front desk, maintaining the Wildlife Garden, growing plants for the popular plant sales, as well as a sponsoring special events.
Volunteers have assisted the Botanical Garden since its inception in 1971. The Friends offically formed in 1976 and became a charitable organization in 1977.
The Many Benefits of Membership
When you become a member of FOG, you also receive the following benefits:
- Free entrance to MUN Botanical Garden and admission to lectures, demonstrations, Sunday Family Fun Day and the Parent and Tot Program
- Reduced rates for Junior Naturalist Camps and some gardening, natural history and art workshops
- Opportunity to purchase plants prior to FOG's public plant sales
- 10% discount on Garden Gift Shop items (some exceptions apply)
- Quarterly subscription to the FOG newsletter, The Twinflower
- Calendar of Events mail-outs
- Access to "Members Only" events, programs, tours, lectures, etc.
The FOG membership year is: April 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014. Memberships purchased / renewed after the Fall FOG Plant Sale are valid until March 31, 2015.
Friends of the Garden 2013 - 2014 Executive
|Vice President:||John Wheeler|
|Past President:||Stephen Andrews|
|Secretary:||Brenda Daly Wheeler|
|Members at Large:||Gwyn Barrowman
|*Garden Director:||Liz Klose|
|*Garden Liaison:||Jane Cooper|
|*Horticultural Coordinator:||Hatty Shinkle|
|*Dry Flower Coordinator:||Pam Bruce|
|*Carpentry Coordinator:||John Hearn|
For further information please contact:
Friends of the Garden
C/O MUN Botanical Garden
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL, Canada