The Department of Biochemistry is pleased to advise students interested in dietetics that a new 5 year MOU agreement has been reached with Acadia University. The effective date extends till 2020 and will allow you to continue taking the first two years of the program at MUN and the final two years at Acadia University. The degree will be granted by Acadia University.
UPDATE (13 November 2015) Applications are now being accepted for the 2016 competition.
Students are advised that the following courses must be completed while at Memorial:
- Biology 1001
- Chemistry 1010, Chemistry 1011 (or Chemistry 1200, 1001)
- Chemistry 2440
- English 1080, English 1110 (or equivalent)
- Mathematics 1090 and Mathematics 1000 (or Mathematics 1000 and one Elective)
- Pharmacy 2002, Pharmacy 2003, and Pharmacy 2004 or Biochemistry 2101
- Psychology 1000, Psychology 1001
- Statistics 2500, Statistics 2501
- Two Arts Electives
- THREE distance courses through OPEN ACADIA:
(Note: NUTR 2323 and NUTR 1313 do not have pre-requisites. However, NUTR 1313 is a pre-requisite for NUTR 1323)
- Nutrition 2323: Food and People
- Nutrition 1313: Human Nutrition 1
- Nutrition 1323: Human Nutrition 2
Following is the link for students to apply directly for the Open Acadia courses: http://www.openacadia.ca/index.php/component/content/article/2-main-page/interested-in/6-online-learning
Here is a suggested schedule for completing the required courses at Memorial as well as (i) some information of the probable schedule at Acadia; and (ii) a schedule on completing the major in Biochemistry(Nutrition) should you not be acccepted into the dietetics program.
Please note the following:
Questions about the Memorial University component of this program should be directed to the Dietetics Coordinator, (709) 864-2645 or by email to email@example.com
Questions about the Acadia University component of this program should be directed to Lynn Coleman, Nutrition and Dietetics, Acadia University, PO Box 68, 12 University Avenue, Wolfville, NS B4P 2R6, (902) 585-1366 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.