What Banner HR means to you ...
As Banner HR is phased in over the next couple of years, the new system will strengthen the University and the relationship between its units by providing:
For Managers and Administrators …
- Enhanced decision making and reporting capabilities with consistent data across campus.
- Increased efficiency and a tighter integration with the Banner Student and Banner Finance.
- Decreased paper work as a result of Department's ability to submit "time" on-line.
- A formal system for tracking academic information including appointment, leave, promotion, and tenure transactions.
For Student Employees …
- The ability to enter time directly into a web-form for fast processing of time worked and less chance of mistakes.
For Faculty and Staff …
- An Enhanced Employee Self-Service that provides:
- Update personal information such as name, address, emergency contact.
- View pay statements for pay periods after Jan. 1, 2012.
- Access leave information.
For Technical Staff…
- Banner HR data fed to Operational Data Store (ODS) for integrated reporting.
- Enterprise-wide relational database.
- Extension of the current technology footprint and leverages existing internal resources.
- Increased efficiency and convenience with access to pay advice through http://www.mun.ca/retiree/
- Confidential and private
- Quality service and support
- Improved sustainability