This scholarship is made possible by a generous donation from The William and Nona Heaslip Foundation. Two scholarships, valued at $15,000.00 each, will be available to students in their second year of undergraduate studies at Memorial University of Newfoundland. To be eligible students must be registered for full-time studies, must have scholarship standing, must be in financial need, and must have demonstrated outstanding involvement in university and/or community affairs. Preference will be given to students in the Faculty of Arts. This scholarship is renewable for an additional two years providing full-time registration, scholarship standing, financial need and continued outstanding involvement in university and/or community affairs are demonstrated. The scholarship will be awarded by the Senate Committee on Undergraduate Scholarships Bursaries and Awards based on a recommendation from the Dean, Faculty of Arts.
Candidates prepare and provide a curriculum vitae that outlines the following information:
- Name & Contact Information
- Overview of Education and Training (may include certificates, diplomas, degrees)
- Scholastic Achievements (may include scholarships, awards, bursaries) Non-Scholastic Achievements (may include athletic awards, leadership, volunteer awards)
- Employment Experience
- On-Campus Volunteer Experience Community Volunteer Experience (please feel free to include provincial, national and international involvement
- Conferences Attended
- Research Interest/Publications
- Other areas as deemed appropriate by the applicant
Additionally, please provide a statement (no more than 500 words) outlining demonstrated financial need and how a scholarship such as this would impact your undergraduate academic life. A candidate can also include statements on efforts to fund their education.
Applications can be emailed to Denise Hooper, Senior Academic Advisor at email@example.com or submitted in person to the Faculty of Arts Dean’s Office, A 5015. Please address package to Heaslip Selection Committee.
Deadline: October 31st