Diploma & Certificate Programs
The Faculty of Arts offers a number of diploma programs so that students may complement their studies in one or more fields of specialization.
These programs offer students the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and practical experience. The following diploma programs are offered in the Faculty of Arts:
- Diploma in Applied Ethics
- Diploma in English as a Second Language (ADMISSION TO THIS PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED)
- Diploma in Geographic Information Sciences
- Diploma in Heritage Resources (ADMISSION TO THIS PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED)
- Diploma in Police Studies
As well, the Department of English now offers three diploma programs:
Most diploma programs are completed concurrently with a degree.
As of a University Senate decision in February 2008, diploma students no longer need hold an undergraduate degree in order to be awarded their diploma.
The Faculty of Arts develops and administers certificate programs for those who wish to build on their skills relative to current best practices and theories. The programs also provide an excellent starting point for further university studies or act as a valuable adjunct to a bachelors degree.