BA(H) (Anthropology and Political Science) University of Toronto 2005
• University of Toronto-University of Namibia Internship on Socio-cultural Aspects of HIV/AIDS in Namibia
MA (Anthropology) Memorial University of Newfoundland 2008
• Exploring the Implications of “Policy” Through the Memorandum of Understanding Between Newfoundland and Labrador and Ireland
PhD Candidate (Anthropology) Memorial University of Newfoundland
The anthropology of Europe; the economic geography of capitalism; political anthropology; labour politics; working-class studies; social reproduction; the anthropology of the state; globalization; neoliberalism; historical anthropology; social inequality; strategically situated ethnography; and, urban anthropology.
Publications and Presentations
- Lalor, Joshua D. "Ethnicity, Culture, and Globalization: Exploring the Memorandum of Understanding Between Newfoundland and Labrador and Ireland." Newfoundland and Labrador Studies, 24, 1 (Spring 2009): 25-53.
- "Policy” as Narrative: Evoking the "Natural" between Newfoundland and Ireland. Presented at the Canadian Anthropology Society/La Société Canadienne d’Anthropologie and the American Ethnological Society Joint Meeting at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, May 13-16 2009.
- Lalor, Joshua D. and Adelina Kalundungo. “Fighting Gender Inequality and HIV/AIDS in Namibia.” In Lee and Lorway (eds) Social and Cultural Aspects of HIV/AIDS, Reports From the Field: 2004. Department of Anthropology, University of Toronto: December, 2004.
- “Preliminary Findings: Fighting Gender Inequality and HIV/AIDS in Namibia.” Presented by Joshua D. Lalor and Adelina Kalundungo at the University of Toronto-University of Namibia Internship Conference on Socio-cultural Aspects of HIV/AIDS in Namibia. July 23, 2004.