The David Curran Award for Memorial University Undergraduate Students
Competition Now Open.
Deadline to apply: 13 January 2023
This scholarship was established by the Harris Centre, Newfoundland and Labrador Regional Economic Development Association, and Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador in recognition of David Curran, a passionate advocate and tireless champion of rural Newfoundland.
The award recognizes one Memorial University undergraduate student who embodies that same spirit of community development innovation.
This year, two awards will be given.
Any undergraduate student who:
- meets minimum academic requirements for an award as determined by the Senate;
- is in a program of study in some ways relating to regional development; and
- is beyond their first year of study.
Please review the terms of award for full details.
A complete submission consists of:
- A completed application form;
- Academic transcripts;
- A letter of recommendation from a Memorial faculty member; and
- A piece of writing related to regional development and public policy between 1000 and 1500 words in length, written by the applicant (this can be a paper previously written for a course at Memorial).
All applications are to be submitted using the Harris Centre Research Funding online system.
If you have not used the online portal before, you will be prompted to set up an account. Please contact us if you have any problems.