- Advisory Committee
- Dean of Arts, Chair
- Dick, J., Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Ferguson, M., The Rooms Provincial Museum
- Jarvis, D., Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Lovelace, Dr. M., Folklore
- Pocius, Dr. G.L., Folklore
The Centre for Material Culture Studies was established in 1988 to initiate, promote, and sponsor research on material culture within both the University and the general community. The Centre acts as a multidisciplinary forum for Memorial University of Newfoundland faculty members as well as visiting researchers from other institutions, including government agencies. The Centre houses a wide range of visual and documentary resources relating to material culture. Since 2008, the Centre has also been involved with the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador's work on Intangible Cultural Heritage, facilitating the provincial ICH Inventory.