Please Enter a Search Term

Nutrition

Nutrition is the process by which the body uses food to sustain life, to grow, to be active, and for normal functioning of every organ and tissue. Adequate nutrition is also important for psychological well-being.

Healthy eating is often mistakenly equated with dieting or low-calorie food choices. Deprivation is not normal, healthy eating. It is perfectly acceptable to enjoy modest indulgences every once in a while.

Health eating provides adequate energy and nutrients and is based on Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating.

Eating according to the 80:20 rule!

This rule - which takes the socio-cultural context of food into account - states that 80% of the time you should pay attention to how you fuel your body. The other 20% of the time, have fun and throw caution to the wind.

Share