The Department of Biochemistry was founded in 1967 and its first head was Dr. L.A.W. Feltham. We've grown from small beginings to a group of faculty, staff, and students that number well over 300 in Fall 2014. Our faculty are active in teaching, research, and comittee work as well as collegial activities across campus and indeed around the world. Many of our students have earned scholarhips and other awards for their high academic achievement. Our small group of staff are noted for their dedication to the department - many have been here in this department for most or all of their university career.
Please note changes to the 2016-2017 course schedule for Biochemistry and Nutrition majors and minors. Our offerings on the Self-Service registration pages reflect these changes. We are also reminding students of the requirement for Science 1807. See story for details.