The goal of Risk and Insurance Services is to develop, implement and manage the risk management function, across the entire scope of the University, in a manner that enables the University to fulfill its mission and strategic goals.
This entails providing directions, information and guidance, as well as the development and implementation of action plans on any issue pertaining to risk, with the goals being to prevent and mitigate all risk occurrences.
Risk and Insurance Services is a coordinated approach to assessing and responding to all risks that affect the achievment of the University's strategic, operational and financial objectives.
These risks include:
- Strategic: the University's ability to achieve its mission, goals and objectives;
- Financial: loss of assets, technology risks, etc.;
- Operational: on-going management processses and procedures, etc.;
- Compliance: compliance with laws and regulations, safety and environmental issues, litagation, conflicts of interest, etc.;
- Reputational: public perception, political issues, etc.