Information for Mentees
Are you a new student coming to Memorial? Do you have questions about life on campus and in St. John's? Do you want to participate in multicultural events? If so, then you should request a Mentor for your first semester at MUN.
As a Mentee in this program you will:
- connect with a student already studying at MUN and have all of your pre-arrival and arrival questions answered
- be shown around campus and come to understand the university’s policy, procedures, and culture
- develop effective study skills and learn tips for how to be successful in the Canadian classroom
- become better integrated into campus and community life
- know where to find important student support systems on campus
- participate in social activates with your Mentor and other participants (including events organized by MUN Mentors)
- learn about a new culture and make new friends in your new home
To be eligible, you must:
- complete an application form and submit it to the program coordinator
- not be an ESL student during the Fall 2016 term
- commit to spending time with your Mentor, to attending meetings/events and to completing 2 evaluations
- be approved by the program coordinator
We are now accepting Mentees for the Fall 2016 semester.
Click the button below to download an application form. Once you have completed the application, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information about this exciting program please contact:
International Student Coordinator (Transitions)
(P): (709) 864-8167