Where do I look?
The quickest and most efficient way for looking for an apartment in St. John's is to look at offerings on online websites. You can look for a place to stay in the following places:
Important: International Student Advising recommends that you personally view at least three apartments before you make a commitment to rent. We do not recommend renting accommodations online before you arrive.
- A list of streets near St. John's campus and Marine Institute (MI) to help you in deciding on your off campus accommodation.
- MUN Off-Campus Housing: http://www.mun.ca/student/och/
- The Telegram Newspaper Classifieds: http://www1.thetelegram.com/extras/classifieds/
This is the St. John's daily newspaper. There are many apartments listed on this site, in many different areas of the city. Simply click on "Telegram Classifieds" and select from University Area, Center City, Avalon Mall, Bells Turn/Higgins Line, Downtown - since these are the closest areas to the MUN St. John's Campus - or choose Rooms to Let, Houses/Apts. to Share (Apts. is the abbreviation for apartments), or Furnished Accommodations.
- Buy and Sell Magazine: http://www.nfbuysell.com/
- Kijiji St. John's: http://stjohns.kijiji.ca
- List of Apartment Building in St.John's: http://www.mun.ca/isa/housing/apartments_list.php
What We Can Do To Assist
List of Accommodations for Rent that are advertised with ISA:
International Off-Campus - Long-Term Housing List
International Off-campus Short-Term List (6 months or less)
In addition, you can visit ISA to talk to our housing coordinator, regarding your search, reviewing your lease forms, attending hearings amongst other housing related issues.
You should view at least 3 properties to make a valid comparison.
Still have questions? Email our housing coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org