Please Enter a Search Term



Disputes with your landlord
The best solution in a dispute is to try to come to an agreement that will make both you and your landlord happy.

If you have a disagreement with the landlord which cannot be resolved, the provincial government will help. You must submit a claim. The Residential Tenancies Division will review landlord and tenant disputes and make a fair decision. This will not affect your status in any way. It is your right as a resident of Canada.

To understand your rights in a dispute contact our Housing Coordinator at or call (709) 864-2170.

Contact the Residential Tenancies Division of the government of Newfoundland and Labrador. This agency provides information advice, mediation and adjudication services to both tenants and landlords.

For more information about disputes please see the Residential Tenancies Act.


Still have questions? Email our housing coordinator:

Back Home Next