Please Enter a Search Term

Claiming Visits and Prescriptions

Getting Your Money Back
When you visit the dentist, you should always call the insurance company first (their toll-free telephone number is on the back of your insurance card) to make sure the procedure you are having done is covered by your policy.

To Submit a Claim

  • You can make a claim online to by logging in with your policy number. You can only claim amounts less than $1,000 online
  • You can make a claim by completing the claim form (see below) and sending it by mail along with your receipts

Completing the Claim Form
After you have paid for your medicine or for your visit to the eye doctor or dentist, you will need to complete a claim form to get your money back. To complete the claim form correctly, please follow these steps:

  • Fill out the first two boxes on the Claim Form
    • Box #1 contains the information that is on your insurance card
    • Box #2 is where you write your full mailing address and telephone number or e-mail address
  • Answer questions 1 or 2 if applicable.
  • Complete the box under #3
    • "Date of Service" is the date that appears on your receipt (a receipt is the little piece of paper you are given after you pay for something)
    • "Cost of Service" is the amount of money you paid which appears on your receipt
    • "Diagnostic Code AND Explanation" is the name of the prescription and the reason why you went to see the doctor for the medicine; or, if your claim is for a dental treatment or eye exam, then you write "dental treatment" or "eye exam"
  • Sign your name and write the current date on the bottom of the claim form
  • Staple your receipt(s) to the claim form and send it to the Health Insurance Company (the address is on the bottom of the claim form)

Please note that you may have to wait at least 3 weeks for the processing of your claim. If at any time you are wondering about the status of your claim, please visit website or call the telephone number on the back of your insurance card.

If you have any questions about how to complete your claim form, please contact the ISA.