Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for:
- Health, safety, and environmental program development, measurement and management
- Training, promotion, inspections and consultation. Liaison with community resources.
- Accident/Incident statistical measurement; investigation of high risk incidents and serious accidents
- Administration of the University's radiation control program including licensing, purchasing, inspection and monitoring functions.
- Administration of the University's biohazard control program including certification, inspection and monitoring functions.
- Administration of the WHMIS/disposal services.
- Hazardous material control.
Active Intruder Training Sessions
Memorial University’s Office of the Chief Risk Officer will be holding a number of general information sessions to remind the university community about the active intruder protocol. These presentations will be approximately 30 mins and include an overview of Memorial’s Active Intruder Training video, as well as a question and answer period. The following sessions have been arranged and we encourage as many faculty, staff and students within your department to participate.
|1||October 29||ED2018A||1:00 p.m.|
|2||October 29||EN2006||1:00 p.m.|
|3||October 30||ED2018B||9:00 a.m.|
|4||October 30||EN2006||9:00 a.m.|
|5||October 30||EN2006||2:00 p.m.|
|6||October 31||ED2018A||1:30 p.m.|
|7||October 31||ED2018A||2:30 p.m.|
|8||October 31||PE2001||9:00 a.m.|
|9||October 31||PE2001||10:00 a.m.|
|10||November 3||A1045||3:00 p.m.|
|11||November 3||HSC Lecture Th. B||1:30 p.m.|
|12||November 4||A1045||9:00 a.m.|
|13||November 4||HSC Lecture Th. B||2:00 p.m.|
|14||November 13||Challenger Rm./OSC||9:30 a.m.|
|15||November 13||Challenger Rm./OSC||10:30 a.m.|
If you wish to participate in one of the sessions listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate the session and number of people that will be attending.
For additional information on the active intruder protocol, and other emergency procedures, visit http://www.mun.ca/emergency.