The Department of Health and Safety is responsible for:
- Health, safety, and environmental program development, measurement and management
- Training, promotion, inspections and consultation. Liaison with community resources.
- Accident/Incident statistical measurement; investigation of high risk incidents and serious accidents
- Administration of the University's radiation control program including licensing, purchasing, inspection and monitoring functions.
- Administration of the University's biohazard control program including certification, inspection and monitoring functions.
- Administration of the WHMIS/disposal services.
- Hazardous material control.