Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for:
- Health, safety, and environmental program development, measurement and management
- Training, promotion, inspections and consultation. Liaison with community resources.
- Accident/Incident statistical measurement; investigation of high risk incidents and serious accidents
- Administration of the University's radiation control program including licensing, purchasing, inspection and monitoring functions.
- Administration of the University's biohazard control program including certification, inspection and monitoring functions.
- Administration of the WHMIS/disposal services.
- Hazardous material control.
Memorial University water quality update
Memorial University releases past water quality test results - Aug. 26
The results of Memorial University’s previous water quality testing and remediation have been posted online. These reports cover the period from May 2005 until July 2015. For more information and too view our latest water sample chart, visit http://www.mun.ca/health_safety/Waterqualityupdate.php.