Complete your hiring paper work
- Submit a completed copy of the Employee Collection Form to by fax: (709) 864-2700 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a completed Employee Data Collection Form (included with your letter of appointment) to email@example.com or in person to AA-4023 located on the 4th floor of the Arts and Administration Building.
- Submit a completed Application for Direct Deposit Form to your academic unit.
- Call the Human Resources Call Center at 864-2434 to make an appointment to set up your benefits (if applicable).
Get your employee ID
- New employees are assigned an employee ID number by the Department of Human Resources. This number is needed to set up your email account, Campus Card and access employee services via the employee portal.
- Contact the administrator in your academic unit to obtain your employee ID number. If you are located on the St. John's Campus You can also get your number by contacting 864-2434.
Get your Campus Card
- St. John’s campus: visit the Bookstore, located in the University Centre, UC-2006, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- MI: Registrar's Office (2106), Monday to Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Grenfell Campus: visit the Ferris Hodgett Library, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- You must present your employee number and your letter of appointment in order to obtain the card.
Set up your @mun.ca email and connect to WiFi
- Contact your academic department for a university computing account (email).
- St. Johns campus: get wireless internet access by contacting Informational Technology Services (ITS) Service Desk at 864-4595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grenfell Campus: set up your email and computing account and configure your wireless device by contacting Grenfell Campus Informational Technology Services (ITS) Service Desk at 639-2049 or email@example.com.
Connect to your MUN Portal account including @mun.ca email
- On the Employee tab of the my.mun.ca portal, per course instructors can access employment related information including pay stubs, benefits, deductions, tax information and personal contact information. Your login ID gives you access to your courses and all online services through D2L.
- Go to my.mun.ca.
- Select "set up account" and then "I am faculty/staff".
- Follow the prompts to set up your account – you will be asked for your employee ID number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your SIN.
- Review and agree to the terms.
- Create a password and remember the ID you are given. This is your login ID.
- If you have technical issues, contact ITS, St. John's: 864-4595 or firstname.lastname@example.org, Grenfell: 639-2049 or email@example.com. Questions regarding information on the portal can be directed to 864-2434 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activate your library access
- Your Campus Card is your library card.
- Visit the university libraries website for full information on borrowing privileges and a range of Memorial’s library services.
- Use your my.mun.ca account to sign into OneSearch to access online resources and services.
- You can place items on reserve using the procedures at: http://www.library.mun.ca/usingthelibraries/borrowrenewreturn/reserves/placingitemsonreserve/.
Make a plan for parking on campus
- Parking spots at the university are in high demand. When possible, please consider using alternate forms of transportation to get to campus, such as carpooling and the Metrobus system.
- St. John’s campus: the sale of parking permits is managed by Parking Administration in the Facilities Management Building, Room 1018.
- To purchase a permit bring your vehicle registration and letter of employment with you. Indicate the building you will frequent the most for accommodation in a lot as close to the building of teaching as possible, where availability exists. Only cash or debit is accepted as payment.
- Grenfell campus: the sale of parking permits is managed by Campus Enforcement and Patrol, located in the main entrance of the Arts and Science Building, Room AS 201.
- University email account holders receive email messages about important campus wide information like closures, upcoming deadlines and news through the email service Newsline. Register for Newsline today.
- For news and events at Memorial, visit today.mun.ca.
- Further news from across the Memorial University community can be found in the current issue of the Gazette, the official newspaper of Memorial University.
- Follow Memorial University on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- Visit MUN MOBILE APP to download Memorial’s mobile app.