Dr. Graham Layne
Office: IIC 1047 (Inco Innovation Centre)
Geochemical investigations involving the application of Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (SIMS), and allied techniques, to the quantitative elemental and isotopic analysis of natural and synthetic materials. Current emphases:
- Isotope Geochemistry of Hydrothermal Ore Deposits and Volcanic Systems.
- Geochemistry of Magmatic and Volcanic Volatiles.
- Application of Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry to the Light Stable Isotope Analysis of Natural Materials.
- Applications of Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry in Biogeochemistry.
- Development of Advanced Mass Spectrometric Instrumentation for the Microbeam Determination of Isotope Ratios.