For Undergraduate Students
Tips to help maximize the benefits of tutoring sessions at the Writing Centre:
- Come to the Centre well in advance of your assignment's due date. A tutor's suggestions may take time to consider and/or implement. "Last minute" tutorials are frustrating for everyone concerned!
- Bring with you any material that may be helpful: samples of your writing; the work or works about which you are writing; a copy of your professor's instructions, if you are working on an assignment; your professor's comments, if you wish to go over graded assignments.
- Remember that we are here to help you become a better writer - not to ensure that you produce a perfect paper. Improving one's writing takes time and commitment. It is not a one-shot deal. So come to see us early in the term - and feel free to return as often as necessary!
- Please arrive on time. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, your appointment will be cancelled and the tutor will work with a drop-in student waiting for help.
- The Writing Centre is not an editing service. We do not copy edit papers; instead, we teach you the skills you need to become a better writer.
To make an appointment, simply drop by the Writing Centre or call 864-3168!
To make an appointment at The Commons, drop by the Commons desk or call 864-6159.
Book your appointment well in advance to increase the chances of getting the appointment time you want.