Interim Director, Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
Dr. Peter Cornish will conclude his term as director of the Student Wellness and Counselling Centre effective August 31, 2018, and has chosen not to renew. An advisory committee to the provost and vice-president (academic) has been established and is now seeking nominations for, or expressions of interest from, individuals who would serve as interim director for a year, commencing September 1, 2018.
The Student Wellness and Counselling Centre comprises counselling, student health, and wellness professionals. The newly renovated Centre houses all three components of student care and is committed to developing and furthering interprofessional practice and research to advance the Healthy Campus movement. This includes programs that help students apply strategies for managing university-level work more effectively. More information about the Centre can be found here.
Nominations should indicate that the nominee has agreed with the nomination, and should clearly indicate the name of the nominator(s). Candidates for the position should hold a tenured or tenure track position at Memorial. Nominations and expressions of interest should be sent to Mary Wall, assistant to the provost and vice-president (academic), Room A3047, Arts and Administration Building, firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received by 5:00 p.m. on July 30, 2018.
Members of the advisory committee are:
- Dr. Noreen Golfman, provost and vice-president (academic) – chair
- Dr. Pam Button, Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
- Dr. Emily Fawcett, Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
- Dr. Lisa Moores, Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
- Ms. Kelly Neville, Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
- Dr. Beth Whelan, Student Wellness and Counselling Centre
- Mr. Bruce Belbin, director, Student Residences
- Dr. David Philpott, Faculty of Education
- Ms. Sarah Hannon, GSU Representative
- Mr. Brad Greeley, MUNSU Representative