Emergency Short-Term Loans
Emergency short-term loans are designed for students who need a maximum of $500 for a short period of time.
Students who need these loans can make an appointment to meet with our Student Support Coordinator at email@example.com.
In order to qualify for an emergency short-term loan, students must meet the following criteria:
- be registered as a full-time student.
- be in clear academic standing.
- not have any outstanding fees from previous semesters.
- have exhausted all other sources of assistance.
- be able to demonstrate the ability to repay the loan before registration opens for the next semester (i.e. official Student Loan Assessment letter, letter from employer, bursary award letter, proof of regular income, etc.).
- be able to provide documentation of proof of need (eviction warning or notice from a landlord, utilities shut-off notice, list & prices of textbooks required, etc.).
- agree to meet with staff (in person) to discuss the loan request.
- carry a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
*The maximum short-term loan shall not exceed $500 per semester.
*Emergency short-term loans are not affiliated with student aid or other student loan programs.
*Emergency short-term loans have to paid back within the same semester they are granted.
For more information about Emergency Short-Term Loans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.