The Memorial Ambassador Program is an opportunity for students to represent their university while developing professional and personal skills. This is a volunteer role in which students attend a variety of events on campus and in the community as ambassadors to the university. The program is administered by Student Life in partnership with the Division of Marketing and Communications, the Office of Student Recruitment, and Alumni Affairs and Development.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application form found here by Sunday, February 19, 2017, and use the link within to submit your resume/CV.
- Take part in a one-on-one interview from March 1-3. Applicants will be contacted after the deadline to schedule an appointment.
Note that Spring Training will be offered on the evening of March 23, 2017.
What do Memorial Ambassadors do?
- Attend Spring and Fall training events.
- Attend alumni and donor events on- and off-campus.
- Assist with speakers at Memorial's Student Leadership Conference
- Escort the President and other university officials at Orientation.
- Attend scholarship dinners and receptions.
- Assist with campus tours for prospective students.
- Greet and direct guests at spring and fall Convocation events.
- Represent Memorial during on-campus recruitment events.
Know the Benefits.
- Develop and use professional skills such as communication, dining ettiquette, and leadership.
- Enhance time management and organizational skills.
- Network with staff, faculty, and community members.
- Connect with Memorial through the partnering departments.
- Build relationships with fellow Ambassadors.
- Expand knowledge of the Memorial University community.
Who Should Apply?
- Current Undergraduate or Graduate students at Memorial University who have completed at least ONE year of study at the institution.
- Students looking for experiences in professional settings.
- Students wanting to develop skills in leadership, relationship-building, networking, and professionalism.