Guided by our mission, the university’s strategic frameworks and contemporary research and practice in our profession, Student Life will shape student learning by focusing our programs and initiatives around the five elements of personal and intellectual well-being that empower students to thrive.
Throughout our work we seek to cultivate:
* Engaged Learning – students who are energized and invested in their learning;
* Academic Determination – students who are confident in their ability to apply their strengths towards personal and academic goals;
* Positive Perspective – students who are hopeful about their future and confident in their capacity to learn from challenges;
* Social Connectedness – students who have friendships and relationships that foster community and sense of belonging;
* Diverse Citizenship – students who are motivated to be instruments of positive change in their communities and are open to differences in others.