- Students are required to be registered in Graduate Registration (Subject 9000 or MED 9900) for each semester of the three-semester academic year throughout the entire period of the program. This policy applies, whether they are taking courses or not, unless a leave of absence has been approved by the AVPA and Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Students register through Memorial Self-Service. The courses required for your program are listed on the Program of Study form sent with your full admission letter. You may wish to discuss these courses with your supervisor (for research programs) or graduate officer (particularly those labeled 'To Be Determined' or electives).
- Registration for all graduate students at Memorial for Spring 2021 opens on April 12, 2021 and closes on May 24, 2021. The deadline for fees payment for Spring 2021 is May 10, 2021. Registration for all graduate students at Memorial for Fall 2021 opens on August 2, 2021 and closes on September 22, 2021. The deadline for fees payment for Fall 2021 is September 8, 2021. For more information, please review the registration procedures for graduate students. Please ensure you register by the appropriate deadline.
- After you register, you may request an enrolment verification letter (if necessary) through Memorial Self-Service.
- All students, including those starting their degree program online, should visit the Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning’s (CITL) start up guide and technical resources for essential information to start your program online (including using and accessing your courses in Brightspace - D2L). CITL staff are available to assist you through the Support Centre during select office hours, seven days a week.
- As part of remote learning, you will need regular access to high speed internet access (e.g. DSL, Cable, Fibre) with an upload and download speed of at least 3Mbps. We would encourage you to complete the Browser Check to see if you support the minimum requirements for Brightspace and complete the Cisco Network Test to see if your computing environment supports the minimum requirements for Webex. For courses or meetings involving synchronous sessions, we would encourage the use of a headset with a microphone and a webcam (if possible).
- A student registered in a graduate diploma, master's or doctoral program may not concurrently pursue studies leading to any other degree without the prior approval of the AVPA and Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Withdrawal from a program can only be done by notifying the School of Graduate Studies in writing. The deadline date for each semester for fee liability is stated in the University Diary. Please note that dropping graduate courses does not imply program withdrawal.