• You should attend an online information session hosted by the Internationalization Office. The information session will provide details on foreign health insurance, immigration, accommodations, and other important matters. Information sessions will be held during the first week of classes. Graduate students at Grenfell Campus, Corner Brook, will be expected to report upon arrival to the International Student Programming Coordinator, room AS234B, Arts and Science Building.
  • If you are receiving funding from a graduate assistantship, you will require a Social Insurance Number (SIN). For more information on social insurance numbers, please visit the Service Canada website. You can apply for a SIN at: St. John's Human Resources Centre Canada, 223 Churchill Avenue, Pleasantville, St. John's, NL. You will require a contract of employment from your department (printed on Memorial University letterhead), an enrolment verification letter, and the SIN application form.
  • The English Placement Test is required for all graduate students who fulfilled the English proficiency requirement by submitting a minimum score in TOEFL, IELTS, CAEL, CanTEST, or the Michigan Test of English Proficiency. You can self-register for the English placement test the same way you would register for any of your other courses. The course name for the EPT is ENGL 1EPT. You must register in order to be guaranteed a seat for the test. For more information please visit English Placement Test page. If you are attending Grenfell Campus in Corner Brook, please visit Grenfell's English Placement Test page, or contact Melissa Halford for more information.


School of Graduate Studies

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000