Registration Information and Form
Field Trip Information
Who: Grade 8 students
Where: Memorial University laboratories - Departments of Biochemistry, Chemistry and Biology
When: April 29-May 31, 2019
(Particular dates within this time period will be selected by the school and indicated using the registration form below.)
Length of Field Trip Visit: 2.5 hours
Start time: Between 8:30-9:30 a.m.
(Please see registration information below for details. To be indicated on the registration form.)
- Field trips will involve a maximum number of 150 students visiting Memorial University at any one time, with 50 students visiting the Department of Biochemistry, 50 students visiting the Department of Chemistry and 50 students visiting the Department of Biology. Although lab staff will be present in the respective departments to help students complete the planned laboratory exercises, it is important to note that schools are required to provide teacher/parent supervision for students as well.
- For schools who would like to visit with more than 150 students, please be sure to book more than one day when registering.
- Lab visits will begin between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. (which should be indicated in the registration form) to best fit with individual school schedules. Lab visits will last for a duration of approximately 2.5 hours which includes students arriving, moving to the respective departments, completing the lab exercise and moving to buses for departure loading.
- Please note that this time can be shortened slightly to fit the needs of individual school schedules and travel time.
- Please note that available dates will be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis and your selection dates should be indicated on the registration form.
- Following registration, contact teachers will receive, from our office, appropriate permission and waiver forms which must be signed by all students and student parents and be presented to the head lab instructor upon arrival at Memorial.
- Contact teachers will also receive a short Powerpoint presentation concerning safety procedures and protocols for university labs which must be reviewed with students prior to their field trip attendance.
- Please note that one registration form must be completed for every 150 students. If schools are planning to bring more than 150 students, two days will be required for your visit and as a result, two registration forms are required. Please indicate on each form the number of students attending on a particular date.
Important notice for schools outside the metro area (ie. Extended travel times)
For schools with extended travel times, please contact us via email concerning alternate start times to accommodate individual school schedules in addition to extend travel times.
Please click on the URL below to register.