Electronic Design and Development
The highly trained and experienced technologists in the Design & Development Shop provide a wide range of services using the latest in design software, circuit board and surface mount production equipment.
- Schematic and Multilayer Circuit Board layout using either the Eagle or Altium software packages.
- Printed circuit board manufacturing using LPKF milling machine.
- Printed circuit board assembly using reflow oven.
- Parallel gap spot welder for battery tabbing, battery pack assembly, and solar panel assembly.
- Controls & Instrumentation project design, fabrication, assembly and/or testing.
- Quality soldering by industry standard IPC certified technologists.
- Reflow oven for larger scale soldering projects.
- Consultation on Research design and development projects.
- Micro Controller design, and software development.
- Prototype and Multi-Unit fabrication capabilities.
Jennifer Murray, P. Eng., Division Manager
Chemistry/Physics Bldg, C1023A
Phone: (709) 864-8714
Fax: (709) 864-7482
Bill Maloney, Supervisor
S. J. Carew Bldg, EN1046
Phone: (709) 864-8314
Fax: (709) 864-8689