MUN Honour Band
Memorial University’s School of Music is pleased to announce that the 2014 MUN Honour Band will be held November 21-23. Once again, we will be bringing together young musicians from across Newfoundland and Labrador, and beyond, for a weekend of great music making. We are very pleased to be welcoming to campus our guest conductor, Dr. Scott Jones, Associate Director of Bands at The Ohio State University. I have worked with Dr. Jones several times and can promise you an outstanding weekend! Click here to read a letter from him outlining his vision for the weekend.
Those of you that have been a part of the MUN Honour Band weekend since I began here in 2010 know that each year has been slightly different than the previous one. This is due to a combination of me trying to find the ideal format and wanting to provide the best possible experience for the students. Based on the information gleaned from the first four offerings, here is the 2014 format:
- There will be one band of approximately 65 musicians
- The group will be nomination-based
- The process will aim to ensure a balanced ensemble that represents the entire province
- Priority will be given to students who:
- are close to graduation
- successfully auditioned for the 2013 Honour Wind Ensemble
- Cost for the weekend is $50. This includes supper on Friday, lunch on Saturday, all the music, masterclasses with MUN faculty, and admission to the MUN Wind Ensemble concert on Saturday night.
Those students selected as members of the MUN Honour Band will be able to audition to perform with the MUN Wind Ensemble during their November 22 concert. Those auditions will take place during the Friday night.
Interested in nominating a student or bring nominated yourself? The deadline is October 15th. Simply click here and complete the form.
Questions? Email Dr. Caslor at email@example.com.
Additional Materials -