Grant permission to edit pages
A local adminstrator must grant a new user permissions to any pages the new user will be editing.
If a user is sees a locked icon next to a page they are trying to edit, and cannot see the edit page icon, this means that they don't have permission to edit the pages.
The user must ask a local administrator to grant them permission to edit pages. This also applies to new local admins, but local admins can grant themselves permissions for edit a page.
To grant permission for users to edit pages:
- Click "Admin"
- Click "Content Permissions"
- Click on the folder containing the pages you want your user to have access to. Once you do so, a list of pages in that folder will appear.
- Locate the individual's name in the list under "Manage Permissions" (note: names are blacked out in the image below)
- Select the pages you want to the individual to have access to
- Click "Make Permission Changes"
The locked icon will be replaced with a rotary buttonand the edit iconwill appear to the right of a page.
- Once you give yourself or another user permission, they will have access to those pages going forward, as long as they are a user on the website.