Embedding a map from Google Maps can provide visitors with convenient and easily-accessible directions.
An example of what an embedded Google Map looks like on mun.ca can be found on the Harlow Campus website. This page shows directions for how to get from London’s Heathrow Airport to Memorial’s Harlow Campus by various means of transportation.
Here is the step-by-step process to embed a Google Maps map into your site:
- On your computer, go to Google Maps.
- Go to the directions you wish to embed.
- To do this, select the blue arrow icon to the right of the search bar.
- Then, type in the starting point of your directions, and the destination.
- Once you type in your starting point and destination, your route will appear on the map.
That’s it! Once you click Publish, your map will appear embedded like the one below:
- You can also embed a map with a location, instead of directions, by typing the location into the search bar, then select the menu icon and Share or Embed Map. A map featuring just a location will appear like this: