Creating index pages
Index pages are essential to the creation of Sections and management of Menus.
After you create a new section in Site Builder, the first thing you must do is create an index page for the section. An index page (aka a main section landing page) is simply the page users are brought to when they click a link to your section. Site Builder is programmed to look for an index page in a section folder: if it can't find one, it can't load your section.
Index pages are also essential for site navigation. If you do not create an index page for your section/folder, your section will not link properly in Menus.
Creating an index page is the same as creating any page within Site Builder, except your file name must be "index":
- Go to "Content".
- Locate the folder that requires an index page.
- Once clicked, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Create New Page".
- In the File Name field, put in "index".
- Populate the page using the WYSIWYG editor.
- Click "Publish" to publish your page.
Your index page is now live!