Service Name: University Switch Board Operator
The university switch board operator answers all incoming calls to Memorial University and transfers them appropriately. The operator also provides general information to callers.
How to request this service:
- Telephone: 709-864-8000 (or 0 if an internal call)
Who can avail of this service:
- Faculty, staff, students and members of the public
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)
- Summer hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)
|Metric||Target (Measured Monthly)|
|Grade of Service (GOS): Calls||95% of calls answered in 2 minutes|
|Abandon Ratio||<= 5% calls abandoned|
Processes and Tools:
- Call phones 709-864-8000 (or 0 if an internal call)
- Caller is re-directed to the appropriate extension
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- ITS Administration and Finance group.
Key Performance Indicator:
- call distribution and calls handled within service level agreement(within 60 seconds).
Revision: March 2014
Service Owner: Manager, Finance & Administration