Application for access to ITS Services for Non-MUN Employees

Information Technology Services (ITS) recognizes that there are times when individuals unaffiliated with Memorial University may require access to IT services in the course of engaging in university business.  The following services are commonly requested by non-MUN employees:

  • MUN Email
  • File Share Access
  • Remote Access (VPN or Remote Desktop)
  • MEE Encryption

To accommodate requests of this nature, ITS advises that you review and follow the process outlined below.

Requesting access to ITS services for non-MUN employees

1) Download and complete the following forms. 

The unit head must authorize the application form on behalf of the non-employee who will be using the IT service. The Non-MUN employee must complete the Undertaking of Confidentiality and Security for Non-MUN Employees form.

2) Once the forms are completed they should be submitted to the Service Desk (

3) Upon receipt of the authorized and completed forms, the application will be reviewed and processed.  Questions relating to the application will be sent to the university representative who initiated the request.

4) Once the request is processed the Service Desk will contact the university representative who initiated the request providing them with details regarding account access.

Please note: Accounts must be owned and used by an individual client.  Generic accounts used by multiple people are not permitted.

Updated: September 17, 2018


Information Technology Services

230 Elizabeth Ave, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1B 3X9

Postal Address: P.O. Box 4200, St. John's, NL, CANADA, A1C 5S7

Tel: (709) 864-8000