MUN Mentors Program
What is MUN Mentors?
The MUN Mentors Program is a peer mentorship program whereby new international students are matched with and mentored by current MUN Students throughout their first semester at Memorial.
Presently, we are recruiting mentors for international students who will be arriving in the Winter 2020 semester.
Mentors introduce new international students to Memorial, help them develop effective study habits, make them aware of support services on campus, get them involved in campus and community events, and most of all, provide a friendly, familiar face around campus and in St. John’s.
Who can become a Mentor?
Mentor Eligibility Requirements:
- Be beyond your first semester of study at Memorial;
- Have good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher);
- Be familiar with Memorial University St. John’s campus and campus supports;
- Be committed to creating an inclusive, supportive campus environment;
- Be available to attend monthly MUN Mentor meetings;
- Be available to meet with a mentee approximately once every two weeks for the duration of their first semester.
As a MUN Mentor, you will:
- Connect a first-term international student with Memorial’s community;
- Share your study and life skills with each other;
- Learn new ways of communicating across cultures.
- Gain leadership skills;
- Develop your communication skills;
- Strengthen your intercultural competency;
- Experience rich cultural diversity through a variety of fun events;
- Meet new people and make friends!
Applications to become a Mentor in the Winter 2020 Semester close November 15th, 2019.
Who can become a Mentee?
All new, incoming international students to the St. John's campus may apply for a mentor before the start of their first semester at Memorial. Matching will be subject to mentor availability.
Applications to become a Mentee in the Winter 2020 Semester close November 30th, 2019.